Saint Petersburg Cluster Development Centre (CDC) was established in November 2014 as a functional area of St. Petersburg Technopark OJSC.
CDC of St. Petersburg performs the functions of a specialized organization aimed at:
- Creating conditions for the formation and development of territorial clusters, promoting the coordination of projects by participants in territorial clusters, and the creation of regional poles for the competitiveness of Russian industry in St. Petersburg.
- Methodological, organizational, expert, analytical and informational support for the development of pilot innovative territorial clusters:
- “Development of Information Technology, Radio Electronics, Tool Engineering, Communication Facilities, Information and Telecommunications in St. Petersburg”
- “Cluster of Medical and Pharmaceutical Industry, Radiation Technologies”
- Ensuring effective interaction among participating organizations, educational and scientific institutions, non-profit and public organizations, public authorities, local self-government authorities and investors for the development of pilot innovative territorial clusters and promoting the implementation of their development projects.
To create the conditions for effective cooperation among small and medium-sized businesses, educational and scientific institutions, non-profit and public organizations, public authorities and investors for the implementation of joint cluster projects in St. Petersburg,
- To arouse the interest of St. Petersburg enterprises and organizations in the new form of their production and economic relations;
- To demonstrate the possibility of successful clustering via specific examples;
- To represent the interests of clusters under interaction with government authorities;
- To represent the interests of government authorities under interaction with clusters;
- To search for competitive ideas and suggestions for cluster projects;
- To find resources and partners for the creation and development of clusters in St. Petersburg;
- To accompany the development of clusters (to grow clusters).
The development targets at which CDC activities are aimed, are:
- Pilot innovative territorial clusters;
- Territorial clusters and cluster initiatives;
- Cluster environment of St. Petersburg in general.
- Promotion of clustering of the St. Petersburg industrial complex and formation of management companies for clusters;
- Provision of financial and institutional support for innovative territorial clusters, including pilot innovative clusters, the implementation of activities within federal and regional support programs;
- Organization of innovative infrastructure for small and medium-sized businesses, providing them with financial and organizational support in the development and implementation of cluster initiatives, supporting their participation in innovative territorial clusters, holding of events and assistance in the implementation of their development projects.
CDC Features for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
- Informational and analytical support for state support activities when creating and developing territorial innovative clusters and cluster initiatives in St. Petersburg with the participation of small and medium-sized businesses.
- Development and implementation of investment programs and projects targeting territorial cluster development, development of feasibility studies for projects and programs.
- Monitoring the status of the innovational, research, industrial, financial and economic potential of territorial clusters and program updates for territorial clusters.
- Creation (organizational design) of chains of interaction in the interests of the participants in territorial clusters.
- Development and implementation of joint cluster projects by the participants in territorial clusters, educational and scientific institutions, and other stakeholders.
- Advisory services in the interests of the participants in territorial clusters.
- Assistance for the participants in territorial clusters in securing state support.
- Market launch of new products (services) by participants in territorial clusters.
- Ensuring the participation of small and medium-sized businesses residing at territorial clusters in key industry events at major Russian and international exhibition venues.
- Organization of webinars, roundtables, conferences, workshops of interest to the participants of territorial clusters.
Ingria Business Incubator also operates within the structure of St. Petersburg Technopark OJSC, working closely with CDC in terms of startup development within the clusters.